Tuesday, January 5, 2010

At Home - Day Four

We've been home 4 days so far. We've all gotten a bit more sleep and are making adjustments (some harder than others).

The boys had their first doctor's visit yesterday. There are a few health issues to resolve (most of them we expected). We've got ear infections, intestinal issues, and respiratory concerns. All things that will resolve quickly.

We're still working on our sleep schedules. It's hard when you're little to know why you're so tired during the day and your parents try to keep you awake but at night when you're wide awake - these crazy big white people put you to bed. We'll get there eventually. Meanwhile John and I hit the sack around 9:00 and are up at 5:00 to wide awake children.

My parents are here this morning for playtime (hence the reason I have a moment to update the blog). Both boys are warming up nicely. I did just overhear my dad say "I need a nap" a few minutes ago. I understand.

And finally - here's what you've all been waiting for. Pictures!!!



Seth loves wearing his tradition Ethiopian outfit. He was wearing it the day we met him and the care center staff gave it to all the children as a farewell gift.


Colin snoozing with Grandma.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim - thanks for the updates. The boys are simply adorable! What an exciting adventure at your house. I'm hoping that you get some much needed sleep soon! Take care, Jodi

Anonymous said...

Oh - I've been wondering how it's going ! I hope you guys are able to get some more rest! Please let us know if you need anything! We will be happy to help in any way. Love you guys!
Shaw family

Heather M. said...

Precious! :)

Anonymous said...

They couldn't be cuter! I'm praying for you and looking at your blog daily. Thanks for the updates! I'm so excited for you! Love ya! Carrie

allie :^) said...

love the pic of grandpa playing w/ the kiddos. awesome!!! ;)

Post a Comment