Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Answer

The number one question we get from people after being home is "What do the boys think about all this snow?"

Most people, like me, have visions of them frolicking through the newly fallen snow. Scooping up piles and throwing it in the air.

Turns out - Ethiopians aren't that fond of the fluffy white stuff. Actually, the white stuff they'd probably be okay with. It's the cold they don't care for.

In a desperate attempt to get some fresh air, I bundled them up yesterday afternoon for a walk to the mailbox. It's actually quite a trek through the snow for little legs (our house is set back from the road).

It takes awhile to get all the gear on so I started with Colin while Seth was still napping. The timing worked out great. By the time I was done, Seth was awake and ready to go with us.

Here's Colin expressing his displeasure about going outside.

He may not like the snow that much but he sure is cute!

And just for fun...here's another one. I imagine him saying, "Mommy - are you crazy? It's cold out there!"

3 comments:

Heather M. said...

He's too cute!!! Love it! Glad it's going well. Alicia wanted me to give you her email in case you want to email her "adoption/transition" questions, etc. So here it is: aliciaosborne@yahoo.com

jenny said...

I first saw snow when I was 4. When I first saw it (from the inside), I couldn't get outside fast enough to play in it. I got outside and then marched right back in and said to my mother, "You didn't tell me it was cold."

Anonymous said...

thecolorbeautiful.blogspot.com
This was a blog that Korri Kinney recommended. She adopted two little ones about the same age a year or two ago and met these folks.
I'm so happy for you guys! I cannot wait to meet the boys. Sydnie and Drew love looking at the pictures and are getting to know the boys through your blog. I love it!
Christi A.

Post a Comment